- 1 pound chicken, butterflied
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- tablespoon butter
- lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped in half
- 1 lemon, sliced (optional)
- *Most of the time, you will need to butterfly your chicken in order for the pieces to be thin enough to cook through. To do this, take a sharp knife and place your hand firmly on top of the breast. Starting at the thickest part of the breast, slice the chicken in half. If you need more instructions for this, google "how to butterfly a chicken." You can also buy chicken packaged thin, but this is a great skill to learn!
- In a shallow dish, add flour, salt & pepper. Coat each chicken breast with the mixture.
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 4-5ish minutes per side, sprinkling each side with a healthy dose of lemon pepper seasoning, until golden brown.
- When the chicken is cooked through, transfer to a plate while you cook the asparagus.
Asparagus & lemon
- In the same pan, add the chopped asparagus. Saute for a few minutes, sprinkling with salt, pepper & lemon pepper. You can put a lid on it if you'd like the pieces to be more soft. Remove from the pan and lay on a plate with the chicken.
- This is totally optional, but you can cook the sliced lemons in the pan for 2ish minutes and lay on top of your chicken for a beautiful presentation!